Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sweet Scallops Tote

I have always enjoyed crafting. I love to create things, plan parties, and occasionally sew. I have a wonderful sewing machine that I use to make burp clothes, simple pillows, table runners and anything with simple straight lines. I have decided to venture out of my "comfort zone" with my sewing projects. I plan on taking a beginning quilting class in March and will try to do some more advanced projects eventually. But you have to start somewhere, so here is my first project!

I got the idea off of pinterst, and found the tutorial here. http://seekatesew.blogspot.com/2011/10/sweet-scallops-tote-pattern.html

I am all about a tutorial with lots of pictures, so this one was great!!

It is a small tote bag with pretty scallops on the front. I plan on using it for Molly's church nursery bag! I love the fabrics I chose (all from JoAnn's), they are so springy!


Close up of the scallops! They were by far the trickiest part!





It is even lined!!


I am feeling pretty proud of myself at this point and excited to see what else I am capable of!!
Now it's your turn to try something out of your comfort zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment