Thursday, January 19, 2012
I got the idea off of pinterst, and found the tutorial here. http://seekatesew.blogspot.com/2011/10/sweet-scallops-tote-pattern.html
I am all about a tutorial with lots of pictures, so this one was great!!
It is a small tote bag with pretty scallops on the front. I plan on using it for Molly's church nursery bag! I love the fabrics I chose (all from JoAnn's), they are so springy!
Close up of the scallops! They were by far the trickiest part!
Saturday, January 14, 2012
Jeff and I have started Date Night In. Every Saturday night (after the munchkin is asleep) we will pick a dinner recipe and cook together. We are trying to choose things we wouldn't normally make during the week and maybe out of our comfort zone. It is our way of not eating out as much and spending some quality time together.
Week One- Venetian Shrimp and Scallops and Roasted green bean bundles with prosciutto
It was delicious, the only down side was the scallops were really expensive! Week Two- Salmon Cakes with Lemon Caper Sauce, green beans and chipotle sweet potato fries
Fantastic!! Leftovers, too!
Monday, January 9, 2012
- Favorite toys- Little People figures, Talking Elmo, princess building blocks, puzzles and your new Car!
- You are constantly asking to go outside and get really upset when we go out in the garage and I put you in my car and not yours! You love to ride in your car or wagon, and just walk up and down the sidewalk checking out everything.
- You love your books! You will back up and sit yourself down in our laps and read book after book. I love this about you! Your favorites right now are your Elmo lift the flap books, Where is Baby's Belly Button?, and Little People Go to the Zoo.
- You give great kisses, hugs and high fives.
- You are talking up a storm. You just mastered a precious "thank you" and it melts my heart every time I hear it. "Woof woof" is by far the most used word in your collection. Anything with fur is a doggy these days. You have also started using "No", not such a great development.
- You are now pulling me to toys and taking me to places in the house for something you want. I love that you are communicating with me in a way I can understand.
Saturday, January 7, 2012
Molly's visit to see Santa. She did surprisingly well, the tears didn't start until after the picture was taken.
Molly playing with Gigi's nativity scene. Good thing it was made of plastic because she was obsessed with it. Hopefully she continues to appreciate the real reason for the season.
It was a wonderful time had by all and now we are having a little withdrawal.
"Christmas come back soon!" Love, Molly