Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Shopping finds



I was lucky enough to spend this glorious "fall like" day shopping outside with two of my favorite girls, Molly and my mom! I thought I would share the fun finds of the day!


I have been looking for a good starter bible for Molly. One with the bible stories written in a easy way for kids to understand. I decided to check one of my favorite shops on Main St. in Grapevine, Holy Grounds. They recommended this one.

It has all the stories of the bible written so that they rhyme. As a teacher, I know how important rhyming is and how it aids in a child's learning and understanding! I highly recommend it!!


The nice lady in the store also recommended this beautiful book by Carol Heyer. "Humphrey's First Christmas"


It is the story of the birth of Jesus as told by one of the Three Wise Men's camels. It has some humor, a great message and gorgeous pictures! This will be wrapped under our Christmas tree this year and I think it should be under yours too!!

1 comment: